What We Do
Amana Muslim Relief is dedicated to putting those in need first. Our Community Outreach program provides a much-needed service for those in dire need. Lend a helping hand and join our efforts today.
• Help find safe and secure shelter for homeless orphans through assistance programs to close family members and relatives, orphan support centers, and local communities
• Help create a safer, healthy environment for orphans
• Assist orphans through a system of a foster family
• Provide vocational training and other skills to orphans to enable them to become self-sufficient and build a better future.
• Assist orphans not dropping out of school by providing them with educational and other basic services.
Caring for the elderly
Like in most developing countries around the globe there are no organized caregiving services for the elderly in Ethiopia. There is neither a government pension system for the rural elderly when they retire from their lifelong self-employment. The burden of caring for the elderly is in the most part shouldered by family members and relatives. Elderly people with no relatives or those who cannot get long-term assistance from a relative experience the most hardship after retirement. The elderly people are by far the most vulnerable sections of society in rural Ethiopia. They experience starvation, homelessness, deteriorating health problems from preventable illnesses, and loneliness. Amana will closely work with relevant organizations, local communities, and families to assist the elderly.
• Help the elderly to have safe and secure shelters
• Establish elderly care centers.
• Provide basic nutrition and health services
• Assist family elderly caregivers to ensure the sustainability of their service.
According to World Health Organization (WHO), globally 50% of children under five who die of pneumonia, diarrhea, measles, HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria are in Africa. Without access to medicines, Africans are susceptible to the three big killer diseases on the continent: malaria, tuberculosis, and HIV/AIDS. Cataract is also the leading cause of blindness and vision loss in Africa.
The Ethiopian national blindness and low vision survey 2005/2006 identified cataract as the leading cause of blindness (49.9%) and low vision (42.3%). Matured cataract can have immediate and long-term consequences among adults aged ⩾40 years by causing secondary glaucoma and uveitis, increasing dependency on others and decreased mobility, economic loss, and mortality, decreased quality of life, and increasing the risk of failure.
As a non-for-profit organization, AMANA Muslim Relief in coordination with MoH, GO’s, NGOs, and relevant stakeholders provide:
• Medical equipment and supplies to hospitals and health center in Ethiopia to help those in need. These medical supplies and equipment’s provide services for thousands of underserved and vulnerable communities in the country.
• Establishing new health centers in rural areas of Ethiopia, where facilities do not have proper infrastructure, water access, medicines, electricity, and more.
• Improve and restore best possible vision of those who are affected by cataract.
• Physical examination, a routine physical, and a checkup
Helping Those Who Need Us Most
Amana Muslim Relief is a leader in the sector and ensures that local needs and priorities come first. Our Education program offers a much-desired platform for people who deserve it most.
At Amana Relief we:
• Work with local communities and other stakeholders to improve schools, expand education opportunities to every child,
• Organize tuition, educational supplies, uniforms, nutrition, and other support for needy school children,
• Give special attention to marginalized communities to enable them to send their children to school,
• Build new and repair existing schools, especially in communities where school accessibility is limited,
• Help equip schools with modern technologies and materials,
• Organize skills transfer and educational exchange programs, especially with the Ethiopian diaspora. Become a part of a brighter future and join our efforts today.
In the News
We work hard to get our efforts noticed by the media and are so proud when this goal comes to fruition. Take a look at some of our latest coverage and help spread the word about all the amazing developments at Amana Muslim Relief.
Interview with Amana Muslim Relief Director
Amana Muslim Relief: Dedication and Service with Proven Impact
Lessons Learned: The Key to Non-Profit Program Evaluation
This is your donation form. Encourage your site visitors to make a donation today by providing additional information about your organization, or how their contribution can best help achieve your goals.